From the article: Best R&B Romantic Duets
R&B music has a long, rich history of male-female duets. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell and Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway t name a couple. What are some of your favorites?
Nothing In This World
- Avant and Keke Wyatt.. surprised that's not at the top of this list.. not to mention the beautifully remake of My First Love.. Hell the original by René Angela
- —Guest Tori
Here's my Top 10
- 10. Keyshia Cole ft. Tank - Tired of Doing Me 9. Beyonce & Marc Nelson - After All is Said and Done 8. Jaheim ft. Mary J. Blige - Beauty & Thug 7. John Legend ft. Brandy - Quickly 6. Kevon Edmonds ft. Babyface - A Girl Like You 5. Brandy ft. Wanya Morris - Brokenhearted 4. Boyz II Men ft. Chante Moore - Your Home Is In My Heart 3. Eric Benet ft. Tamia - Spend My Life With You 2. Mary J. Blige ft. R. Kelly - It's On 1. Bobby V ft. R. Kelly - Words (Remix)
we cant be friends
- One of my favorite love duets by far can sit with this on repeat for hours if u neva heard it listen to I wont steer u wrong
- —Guest chezmcc
- Other songs that could've been here too A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson & Regina Bell Spend My Life With You - Eric Benet & Tamia Love Makes Things Happen - Babyface & Pebbles Give U My Love - Babyface & Toni Braxton If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful - Jermaine Jackson & Whitney Houston What's Come Over Me - Glenn Lewis & Amel Larrieux Where Is The Love - Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway, Jesse & Trina, John Legend & Corrine Bailey Rae Unforgettable - Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
- —Guest Denny
Let's straighten it out
- while roaming thru youtube, i came across the duet remake of lattimore's let's straighten it out , lattimore and gwen mccrae - i know on sites like this there is no acceptance / acknowledgement of music before 1990 less used in a sampling effect - but this song is incredible... gwen " funky sensation " is still at the top of her game, this song is a top 10 groove shaker for the elks / vfw club set ....
- —Guest nevah
- There is an absolutely brilliant duet on Alicia Key's debut called 'Mr Man' featuring Jimmy Crozier. Absolutely sexy without ever getting dirty.
- —Guest Nik
Two super classics missing
- You dont make this kind of list without adding at the top Fire and Desire, Rick James & Tina Marie. And second On My Own with Pattie LaBelle & Michael McDonald! That's all, thank you for your time
- —Guest D Broadnax
When I first saw you
- Off of the Dreamgirls Soundtrack, the duet between Beyonce and Jamie Foxx, and there is another version with just Jamie
- —Guest Iesha
Don't Wanna Be Lonely
- Can't Find This Song, I thought it was Melvin Riley at first, but now I think it's between Surface & Howard Hewett. Does Anyone Know Of This Song I think it's a duet, it's a female singing in the background, haven't gotta clue who she might be, but it's a nice song I haven't heard in so many years & I mean a very long time
- —Guest Toddrick
Spend My Life
- Spend my Life with Eric Benet and Tamia was a beautiful duet! Thats going to be my wedding song!
- —Guest Marissa
Nothing Even ...
- I had forgotten all about "Nothing Even Matters." Thanks for the suggestion, Christian.
- —Guest MarkNero
Nothing Even Matters
- Lauryn Hil ft. D'Angelo on Nothing Even Matters. Its a very mesmerizing track and i think they had a good chemistry! anyone else have any thoughts?
- —Guest Christian