Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Fresh off the November 2012 release of her fifth studio album, Keyshia Cole's gearing up for an 18 city headlining tour that kicks off in late March. And her "Woman to Woman Tour" -- which is named after the above-mentioned album, will feature Chrisette Michele as the opening act.
- Bobby Brown will go to jail and have to serve a 55-day sentence imposed for his second drunken driving conviction in a year. The jail time is stiffer because his driver's license was suspended after he pleaded no contest last summer to another charge of driving under the influence.
- After many years of waiting by her devoted fanbase, R&B singer Tweet has finally released some new music commercially, a five song digital EP called Simply Tweet. It's her first project to see the light of day since 2005's It's Me Again.
- Beyonce has caused an uproar with her new designer shoes. The footwear has angered animal lovers because it is made from anaconda, stingray and crocodile skin, as well as ostrich and calf fur.
- Fantasia has released the cover art and track listing for her new album, Side Effects of You. The album's release has been pushed back from March to April 16.
- Mariah Carey says that although her next album will have it's share of uptempo songs, it will also contain more "raw ballads" than people might expect.
- Syleena Johnson and Musiq Soulchild are teaming up for a nine-song album of duets. The album, which is called 9INE, is due out this summer.
- Frank Ocean says that he's already recorded 10 or 11 songs for his next album and that it might be another concept record.
- Ne-Yo has revealed that he was briefly married when he was in his late teens but the couple had the marriage annulled.