Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Mary J. Blige's reported money problems have allegedly gotten so bad that she was slapped with a notice on the door of her upper West Side apartment building after it was discovered that she "had a rent-paying problem." A real estate source who has leased apartments at the building told the New York Daily News the notice was for not paying back rent.
- In a recent interview, Keke Wyatt said that traditional R&B is only attracting an older audience these days, and that although she was "pushed" into a certain genre of music when she was younger, she now wants to attract the same audience as artists like Beyonce and Alicia Keys.
- Lyfe Jennings says he'll never share the same stage with K. Michelle again due to some disparaging remarks she made about him at a show in 2012. At the show, she said she didn't want to go on before Lyfe, because she felt she was a bigger star than him.
- Detroit singer K'Jon has just dropped a new single called "Tell You Why." The song's a prime example of why he tends to fly under the radar, but it's also an example of why he's one of the best talents in R&B right now.
- RL (of '90s R&B group Next) said in a recent interview that a lot of R&B artists are wannabe rappers and that these artists feel like they have to be hard like rappers, when they're really not.
- Fantasia Barrino has demanded a public apology from Jet magazine for using a very outdated photo of her on its cover recently. The magazine, however, is standing by the photo.
- If you grew up loving 1980s R&B you're likely to dig what British soul-electronic artist Jamie Lidell has cooked up for his recently released fifth studio album.
- Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams is set to produce and star in her own reality series, "My Sister's Keeper." It premieres this summer.
- Prince is scheduled to perform with hip-hop band The Roots on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Fri., March 1 on NBC.