Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Debuting high on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums last week was R&B veteran Avant with Face the Music at No. 7 with 14,000 copies sold. The Cleveland crooner's seventh studio album is his first top 10 title since 2008's Avant debuted and peaked at No. 6. The current set's lead single, "You & I," featuring Keke Wyatt, holds steady at No. 3 in its 22nd week on the Adult R&B airplay chart.
- On Valentine's Day 2012, R&B-pop superstar Usher and producer extraordinaire Diplo debuted the quivering break-up song "Climax," a moody, atmospheric ballad that went on to win a Grammy for Best R&B Performance. And for Valentine's Day 2013, the two were at it again, dropping another innovative collaboration, the low key, seductive tune "Go Missin'."
- R&B trio TGT, which stands for Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank, has signed with Atlantic Records and recently dropped their first official single, "Sex Never Felt Better." The tune is pretty much what you'd expect from the three vocalists: a seductive jam about the joys of lovemaking.
- The winners in the R&B categories at the 2013 Grammys included some of the usual names you'd expect, like Usher and Beyonce, but the list also contains some surprising/unexpected names, like new sensations Miguel and Frank Ocean and jazz pianist Robert Glasper.
- The National Rifle Association has reportedly put Beyonce, Boyz II Men, Chaka Khan and other celebrities and entertainers on its "enemies" list for endorsing anti-gun legislation.
- Stacy Barthe, Kevin McCall, Mishon and Brooke Valentine were among the R&B artists who released new digital albums or mixtapes on Valentine's Day.
- Chante Moore has signed with the Shanachie Entertainment label and is expected to release her latest studio album, Moore is More, this April.