Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Grammy nominee Angie Stone and former Xscape vocalist LaTocha Scott have been added to the cast of the second season of the reality show "R&B Divas." They join the original cast, which includes Faith Evans and Nicci Gilbert-Daniels (who also serve as executive producers) and Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt.
- Frank Ocean has decided not to press charges against Chris Brown regarding a parking lot brawl the two were involved in. "No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life," he wrote in a note on his Tumblr page.
- Singer Anthony David has come out in favor of the legalization of marijuana: "First of all, it's just not damaging. It's nowhere near as damaging as alcohol. There's plenty of money to be made from it," he said in a recent interview with website The Urban Daily.
- In observance of her birthday, Alicia Keys recently dropped a new mix of her current single "Brand New Me," off her Girl On Fire album. "BNM Part 2" flips the original on its head, reimagining the song as a bouncy, upbeat and fun retro anthem.
- After taking what seems like forever off, '90s crooner Donell Jones is back with a new single, coincidentally titled "Forever." It's the lead track from his seventh studio album, also titled Forever, which is due out later in 2013.
- Fifty-two years after first debuting on the Billboard charts, Aaron Neville has notched his first top 10 album and highest charting set of his career.
- On Feb. 4, Anita Baker performs her current single, "Lately," on the ABC late night talk show 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!,' which airs at 11.35 pm.