Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- The trailer has just been released for Beyonce's upcoming HBO documentary, "Life is But a Dream," which centers around her life and features personal footage, including Beyonce adjusting to her baby bump and other behind the scenes moments. It premieres on the cable channel Feb. 16.
- Anyone fearing that the late Teena Marie's final(?) album might turn out to be half-baked leftovers that could damage Lady Tee's legacy can rest easy. Beautiful is a vibrant, well-rounded album of retro R&B with the same strong, powerful vocals Teena Marie fans had come to expect.
- Ex-Danity Kane and Diddy-Dirty Money member Dawn Richard's first full-length album, Goldenheart, which was released in the U.S. Jan. 15, 2013, is a mesmerizing piece of work that's creatively way outside the box, but still highly entertaining.
- Alicia Keys has been tapped to perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl Feb. 3 in New Orleans. As previously announced, Beyonce will perform during the game's halftime show.
- Singer/reality TV star Tamar Braxton has released a stylish black and white video for her current single, "Love and War." The album the single is from is expected to drop Feb. 12.
- Bobby V. may have just released the sexiest video of 2013. The visuals are for his current single, "Put It In," a duet with K. Michelle that's on his Dusk Till Dawn album.
- A previously unreleased Aaliyah song called "Quit Hatin" found its way to the Internet last week, right around the time the singer would have turned 34.
- Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams says she beat clinical depression through regular exercise, therapy, positive thinking and religion.
- Kelly Rowland's latest single, Kisses Down Low," is an ode to oral sex.