Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Frank Ocean had his driver's license taken away but managed to avoid arrest after he was pulled over twice in late December for speeding in California. He was pulled over Dec. 30 and 31; the second time, an officer smelled marijuana and found a bag of the drug in Ocean's pocket.
- There aren't a whole lot of new albums expected to drop during the first month of 2013, but among the artists with planned January 2013 releases are the timeless Charlie Wilson, former Danity Kane member Dawn Richard and the late, great Teena Marie.
- R. Kelly, who's no stranger to uplifting anthems, has released a song called "I Know You Are Hurting," which is dedicated to the children affected by the horrific mass shooting that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
- In response to Trey Songz currently starring in the new "Texas Chainsaw" horror film, someone has made a list of other R&B heartthrobs they'd like to see terrorized by movie killers.
- Beyonce, Brian McKnight, Mariah Carey, John Legend and Anita Baker are among the R&B and Soul superstars expected to release all-new albums sometime during 2013.
- Jon B. has released a smooth song called "Settle Down Type;" it's from his upcoming release, B Sides Collection, which consists of older, previously unreleased material.
- Solange has lashed out at certain types of music blogs, saying they don't understand R&B culture.