Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past month:
- A hundred fans will hit the stage with Beyonce when she performs Feb. 3 at the Super Bowl in New Orleans. A contest allows fans to submit photos of themselves in various poses. The winning pictures will be used in a TV ad introducing Beyoncé's halftime performance, and 50 people -- along with a friend -- will be selected to join the singer onstage.
- Janet Jackson is reportedly engaged to longtime boyfriend Wissam Al Mana, an investment billionaire from the country of Qatar. According to Us Weekly, the couple plans to wed in the spring of 2013. Al Mana, who's 37, has been dating Janet, who's 46, since 2010.
- Frank Ocean has released a new song called "Wise Man" online. The ballad was recorded for the soundtrack to the film "Django Unchained" but didn't make the final cut because there wasn't a scene that fit the tune.
- In an audit to enforce its view-count policy, YouTube recently stripped more than two billion "faked" views, mostly on the channels of Universal Records artists, including Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and Justin Bieber.
- Trey Songz is denying rumors that he's gay. The rumors started after a man who looks like Trey was kissing another man in a photo posted online.
- Check out Centric TV's list of 10 R&B and hip-hop albums that should have sold more copies in 2012 and see if you agree or disagree.
- Brandy has announced that she's engaged to music executive Ryan Press, who works for Warner/Chappell Music.
- Are these the top 5 slept-on R&B songs of 2012?