Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Bobby Brown on Nov. 16 pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge stemming from his Oct. 24 arrest in Los Angeles for driving under the influence. He wasn't present for the court hearing and was instead represented in court by his lawyer. In addition to the DUI count, Bob was charged for driving with a suspended license as a result of a conviction of an alcohol offense and driving a car without an alcohol-sensing ignition interlock device. If convicted, he faces two years in jail.
- Cee-Lo Green's camp has issued a statement responding to sexual assault allegations recently made against him, saying that the allegations are "despicable, untrue, and deeply hurtful to Cee Lo, his children and his family," and that "if anyone was victimized here it was Cee Lo."
- Keri Hilson and Chris Brown have signed with modeling agency Wilhelmina International. The company says it will "explore and develop fashion and beauty endorsement, editorial and licensing opportunities" for the R&B singers.
- Alicia Keys has shot down ongoing reports that she began dating husband Swizz Beatz while he was still married. Alicia says that Swizz and R&B singer Mashonda separated in 2008, just before he and Alicia started dating.
- The-Dream's fourth studio album, The Love IV, has reportedly been pushed back in order to make room for December 2012 the re-release of his digital 1977 album, which was released online for free in 2011.
- An anonymous source claims that John Legend will marry his fiancee in January 2013 at a secret location in North Carolina. The two have been engaged since December 2011.
- R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" video series returns Nov. 23 on the IFC cable channel.