Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Cee-Lo Green is under investigation by the LAPD for sexual assault. A woman filed a police report accusing the singer of slipping her the drug Ecstasy and then having sex with her. The woman is said to have told the police that when Cee-Lo took her to a downtown L.A. restaurant in July, they had a drink and she remembers nothing after that. She claims the next thing she knew, she was lying naked in a bed with Cee-Lo in the room. He has denied the charges.
- The dress that the late Amy Winehouse wore during her wedding has been stolen. It was taken while being kept in storage at the singer's former home in north London. Another dress, worn by Amy on an episode of "Later... with Jools Holland," is also missing.
- Toni Braxton has been accused by the trustee in her bankruptcy case of fraudulently transferring $53,490 to her estranged husband in order to avoid paying back creditors in the case. The trustee is suing to get the money back.
- British singer-songwriter Emeli Sande won the Best Female, Best Album and Best R&B/Soul Act trophies at the 2012 Mobo (Music of Black Origin) Awards in Liverpool, England on Nov. 3.
- Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo, Rihanna and Keyshia Cole are among the big-name R&B/Soul and urban music artists releasing all-new albums during November 2012.
- Raheem DeVaughn has just released his 15th(!) mixtape, Heemy Taught Me 2, a collection of new, semi-new and previously-released slow jams.
- John Legend, Fantasia and Charlie Wilson have all been announced as performing at the 2012 Soul Train Awards, which tapes Nov. 8 in Las Vegas.
- Here's five simple (and sarcastic) steps to creating an R&B hit in today's music world.