Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- After a long legal battle, Usher has been awarded primary custody of his sons, four-year-old Usher Raymond V and Naviyd Raymond, 3. A Fulton County, Georgia Superior Court judge ruled Aug. 24 that Usher, 33, and his ex-wife Tameka Foster Raymond, 41, will have joint legal custody, but Usher will receive primary physical custody starting Sept. 1.
- TV One's debut of the reality series "R&B Divas" set a network record for the most watched original series premiere. The series, which follows the lives of R&B singers Faith Evans, Nicci Gilbert-Daniels, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt drew 662,000 total viewers and 479,000 adults 25-54.
- Brandy says she was nervous to shoot the video for her current single with Chris Brown because Chris is such a great dancer and showman.
- Dwele has a new single out that features Raheem DeVaughn. It's take from D's new album, Greater Than One, which drops Aug. 28.
- Kem will release a holiday album, What Christmas Means, Oct. 16 via Motown. It'll contain five original songs and five covers.
- R&B duo Jake & Papa have released a new mixtape that pays tribute to both OutKast and California living.
- Alicia Keys has revealed the title, cover art and release date for her next studio album.
- Lauryn Hill reportedly owes the state of New Jersey over $440,000 in back taxes.
- Brandy has a new single out; she says it was inspired by her current boyfriend.