Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- It's a busy summer for Mariah Carey. Not only does she have a new single with rappers Rick Ross and Meek Mill called "Triumphant" dropping soon, she's also rumored to be close to a deal to become a judge on "American Idol."
- Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo are going on a co-headlining tour of North America later this summer. Their "Liberation Tour" kicks off with a show in Virginia Beach in mid-August.
- Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of R&B singer Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Foster, died July 21, two weeks after a tragic boating accident at a lake left him critically injured.
- Frank Ocean's Channel Orange, which is easily one of the best and most important R&B albums of the year, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart.
- Day26 has released a statement saying that the four members of the group are "taking a break" from each other for now in order to focus on their solo careers.
- A source says Janet Jackson's "furious" that Michael Jackson's daughter accepted a role in the upcoming film Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys.
- Minnesota-based R&B band Mint Condition is back and has just released the first single from their upcoming album, Songs @ the Speed of Life.
- Alicia Keys has a short new hairstyle.