Some of the more interesting R&B-related news a rumors from the past week:
- The good news about R&B superstar Maxwell is that it's been announced that he's going on a concert tour during the summer of 2012. The bad news? Unless you're in one of just three U.S. cities, you're unlikely to see him perform.
- Chris Brown has announced via Twitter and Facebook that his upcoming album, Fortune, which features the singles "Turn Up the Music" and "Till I Die," has been pushed back from May 8 to July 3.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z want to have a second child soon because they want their kids to be close in age, Star Magazine says. The couple's first daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born in January.
- Estelle has announced a European tour in support of her latest album, All Of Me. The series of shows began April 20 in Schuttorf, Germany and ends May 17 in Dublin, Ireland.
- Ray J. has been ordered to pay a South Carolina radio station $26,000 for failing to appear for a 2010 meet-and-greet with fans that the station had pre-paid him $20,000 for.
- Up-and-coming R&B singer-songwriter Kevin Cossom, who's written hits for a number of other stars, has just released his second free EP, Hook Vs. Bridge II.
- Usher will perform the lead role in the unconventional off-Broadway play Fuerza Bruta during two special performances scheduled for later this month.
- Rihanna was recently criticized by fans for posting pictures of herself allegedly using illegal drugs during the Coachella Music Festival.