Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- In an interview with Essence magazine, Monica says, among other things, that she and Brandy are trying to put together an all-female concert tour; that she really misses Whitney Houston; and that calls Mary J. Blige when she needs advice sometimes.
- Usher recently put an end to rumors that he had died in a car accident in New Mexico by tweeting a picture of himself shirtless and flexing for the camera.
- A judge has ordered Prince to pay a perfume maker almost $4 million for failing to promote a series of scents that were inspired by the Purple One.
- Erykah Badu says she's working on two new albums: a solo project, plus a release with an eclectic collective of musicians called The Cannabanoids.
- Emo R&B singer The Weeknd has announced his first North American tour, starting with two shows at the Coachella festival in Southern California.
- Eric Benet says his upcoming album, which is the first on his own label, showcases him at the top of his game in every respect.
- Whitney Houston's teenage daughter, Bobbi Kristina, was caught on camera allegedly smoking marijuana from a three-foot bong.
- Is R&B having an identity crisis?