Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Whitney Houston's death was caused by her accidentally drowning in her hotel bathtub, but she also had cocaine in her system, which directly contributed to her death, according to the coroner's report. Marijuana, Xanax and a muscle relaxant were also found in her system, according to the report.
- R. Kelly is teaming up with the Independent Film Channel to create more songs and videos for his "Trapped in the Closet" series. A DVD of the chapters is due out by the holidays, according to the series' producer.
- Faith Evans, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt are among the singers who'll be featured in a new reality series called "The Ladies of R&B," which premieres on TV One in the fall.
- El DeBarge was arrested by police in Los Angeles for possession of narcotics with intent to sell, but the charges were later dropped due to lack of evidence.
- Chris Brown, Monica, Eric Benet, SWV, Tank and Ashanti are among the R&B artists releasing new albums this Spring.
- A producer says he's never received credit or payment for creating some of Canadian singer The Weeknd's first songs.
- Lionel Richie has released a new album where he has remade his biggest hits as Country & Western duets.
- Marcus Canty is an up-and-coming singer to keep an eye on.