Some of the more interesting R&B-related news and rumors from the past week:
- Beyonce has given birth to her first child with Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter. The baby girl, who was delivered Sat., Jan. 7 in a New York hospital, was named Blue Ivy Carter by her parents.
- Chris Brown's manager says the singer won't be giving interviews in 2012 so that he can concentrate on making music and performing.
- The members of Dru Hill are all planning to release solo albums before making another album as a group.
- SWV's long-awaited comeback album won't deviate much from their classic '90s sound.
- The-Dream says he was paid $15 million for writing Rihanna's hit song "Umbrella."
- Trey Songz is going on a month-long tour starting in early February.
- Ne-Yo is expected to drop his first-ever mixtape, 101, in early 2012.
- Ruben Studdard has a new song out about his short-lived marriage.
- Congrats to R&B legend Aretha Franklin, who just got engaged.
- Who is the Future of R&B?
Connect with R&B/Soul Music on Facebook.