1. Entertainment

New Music: Wayne Brady - "Ordinary"

By August 13, 2008

Wayne Brady - OrdinaryNo, your eyes aren't deceiving you: Wayne Brady - yes that Wayne Brady - is coming out with an album soon. We've all heard Wayne on TV singing corny classic songs like "Say A Little Prayer" and "The Candy Man," but how is he when it comes to singing contemporary pop, Soul and R&B? Well, judging by his debut single, "Ordinary," pretty good. Unlike actor Terrence Howard, who's also dropping an album next month, Wayne actually has a fairly strong, soulful voice. And "Ordinary," which pays tribute to everyday life, is better than your might expect it to be. Don't just take my word for it though: give it a listen by clicking on the link below. And if you're wondering, Wayne's debut album, A Long Time Coming, drops Sept. 16, 2008 via Peak Records/Concord Music.

Comments

August 14, 2008 at 8:20 pm
(1) Eb says:

I cant stop laughing long enough to take a listen

August 14, 2008 at 8:43 pm
(2) Nero says:

Well when/if U do give it a listen, Eb, let us know what U think – you just might be surprised. Wayne B’s got skillz.

August 17, 2008 at 3:52 pm
(3) CheeZ says:

Heard it today for the first time…WOW! Who knew!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to getting it at iTunes!

August 17, 2008 at 6:07 pm
(4) mon says:

I love the song! It is so sweet!! I always knew he had a great voice!! I am definitely buying the cd.

August 18, 2008 at 1:34 pm
(5) viciuzurban says:

this actually sounds alright.

August 18, 2008 at 8:11 pm
(6) PinkButterfly says:

I am really diggin’ this. I can’t wait until his CD drops.

September 8, 2008 at 3:53 pm
(7) sutherngrl says:

I love the song. I heard it on the jazz station here and I was like “that is really a nice song” I just found out that it is Wayne Brady. WOW

September 11, 2008 at 3:29 pm
(8) Kim says:

Even though I know this song- it was actually written in 2005 for a Korean boy band by several American writers- I love Wayne’s version. Very soulful and masculine.

September 15, 2008 at 8:10 am
(9) Kymystry says:

Love it .. Love it .. Love it ..
Heard it when I rented a car on Siris car rental …
Was suprised in the soulful-ness of his voice .. Go Wayne .. Go Wayne !!

September 21, 2008 at 10:35 pm
(10) Lisa says:

Love it!!!! Great job, Wayne!

September 22, 2008 at 8:44 pm
(11) Yay! says:

I’ll be honest, I wanted to like this song. And I did. But, then I like Wayne Brady.

Being the nice guy is not the easy road.

September 25, 2008 at 11:35 pm
(12) Flora Jones says:

Love the song. I had to buy the album; he has a very soulful, distinctive voice. It’s the kind of voice that you like to listen to in the late night hours. It says “romance”.

September 27, 2008 at 11:57 am
(13) Salina says:

I love this song. Wayne Brady has a beautiful soulful voice. Don’t sleep on him.

September 29, 2008 at 8:18 am
(14) LT says:

I hear this song every morning on my way to work. Reminds me so much and me and my honey! I love it! Can’t waiti for the cd!

October 1, 2008 at 2:06 pm
(15) Jaye says:

I heard the song before I knew it was Wayne Brady singing it. Immediately, I loved it! I was so shocked to find out it was Wayne Brady. Love it! Love it!

October 1, 2008 at 9:18 pm
(16) holla says:

his music is GREAT! I listen to this song every morning…keep of the great work, dude!

October 3, 2008 at 11:30 pm
(17) Victoria B. says:

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! I had no idea he could sing like this. I had been hearing the song but never knew who it was and I finally heard that it was Wayne Brady. OMG, I am definitely buying this cd. I fully believe it will be money well spent. WOW!

October 7, 2008 at 11:00 am
(18) de dee loftin says:

Thanks Wayne for such a beautiful song that makes everyone’s ordinary life seem extaordinary!

October 8, 2008 at 11:17 am
(19) NH says:

no laughing matter. boy has some serious skillz.

October 8, 2008 at 3:54 pm
(20) Goldendome23 says:

WOW – I am shocked. I listen to smooth jazz on itunes. I saw the name and was like, Wayne Brady”. I had to look it up. Very nice, I am curious about the album. I will definitely check it out.

October 8, 2008 at 8:05 pm
(21) Fee says:

I LOVE this album! Wayne B., when is the tour? I’ll be one of the first to purchase tickets. Awesome talent!

October 9, 2008 at 3:33 pm
(22) Lovely says:

I’m hooked on this song. I play it over and over and over again. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

October 17, 2008 at 1:58 pm
(23) Therese says:

OMG! One of my favorite Korean bands DBSK sang this song (Beautiful Life), and now Wayne is coming out with an English version ^_^ I totally love this song!

October 20, 2008 at 4:28 pm
(24) Weezie jefferson says:

Wayne Brady is a very talented man. This song is great. There is another song if not mistaken that he sings called Beautiful which makes a great wedding song.

October 24, 2008 at 4:32 pm
(25) melody says:

This CD is absolutely incredible. It is the best CD I have bought in a long time. I love every song! You have a unique,soulful and sultry sound. I get a variety of vibes. A sound similar to Glen Jones, Will Downing,and even Will Smith. I am telling all of my friends and family that this is something they have got to hear. Whenever you come to Greenville, SC I will be on the front row seat! I could go on and on. I am hooked!

October 30, 2008 at 7:24 am
(26) Alicia says:

This song is perfect for me at this time in my life. Thanks Wayne, you may have just given me and my new relationship a theme song.

November 4, 2008 at 3:22 pm
(27) wigger mcgavin says:

Damn Wayne!

I thought this dude was a pure D cornball, but after Chappele show and now this hot as jam, dude must be alright.

November 7, 2008 at 12:48 pm
(28) kagetsuki says:

I like the song, and I love Wayne Brady. It’s good but I still prefer TVXQ version more. But this was good also.

November 20, 2008 at 3:40 pm
(29) BIGd in bigD says:

Why is everyone acting surprised?!?! Wayne has been dazzling us for years with his vocal skills since waaaayyyy back on “who’s line”. The song itself is very well crafted, with just the right amount of music and background to give him perfect compliment on some pwerful lyrics. An A+ to say the least and a must have for every fan.

November 20, 2008 at 7:20 pm
(30) Lionel says:

Wow, I never expected him to come out with an album though. Nobody did. He really does have that soulful, R&B sound. Watch out for Wayne Brady!

November 24, 2008 at 1:33 pm
(31) nola says:

i have been hearing this song on the radio for awhile now..had no idea it was wayne brady..love it. its been one of my favs. good r&b music..dont sleep on it

November 26, 2008 at 1:11 am
(32) TP says:

I love this song.The lyrics are meaningful to me. He has a good voice.

December 2, 2008 at 10:35 am
(33) Glynis says:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2008 at 7:53 pm
(34) EBONY says:

i think wayne’s cd is hott never knew he could sing good look wayne

December 19, 2008 at 7:27 am
(35) Nikkii B says:

Already knew he had skills…..I jus heard the song on AOL radio….I like.

You go boy!

December 30, 2008 at 12:51 am
(36) jernchangmin says:

OMG!! I LIKE THIS VERSION OF BEAUTIFUL LIFE BY TVXQ BUT TVXQ VERSIONS ARE EVEN BETTER!! ^^

TVXQ HWAITING!!

January 7, 2009 at 2:43 pm
(37) Luetta says:

The 1st time i heard him on “Who’s Line Is It”i was like WOW!! This guy can really sing, and being a huge RnB fan:-) i must say that my fav track on this album is Make Heaven Wait.I cried like a baby.Gr8 Album *****

January 12, 2009 at 3:07 pm
(38) tjjohn08 says:

Awesome!!! The entire album is amazing. R&B is back… Thank you, Wayne!

February 24, 2009 at 6:52 pm
(39) JAKELL says:

I HEARD THE SONG ON A JAZZ/STATION & LOVED IT & CLD NOT BELEIVE IT WZ WAYNE BRADY-WOW,YOU GO BOY. DO IT BABY. EXCELLENT. I AM DEFIENTLY BUYING YOUR CD,PLEASE BELIEVE IT.

February 27, 2009 at 1:55 pm
(40) Yay! says:

GO Wayne!!!! You don’t have to be famous to have a good life!!!!!!! Go Wayne!! Whoo!!

March 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm
(41) Terri says:

I love it! I heard it on the smooth jazz station and when they said Wayne Brady I thought it couldn’t be, but it was and you sound so sexy, wonderful job and I will buy it.

April 2, 2009 at 9:06 am
(42) Alex says:

I did not know it was Wayne. I am going to buy it right now!!! I love it!!

April 30, 2009 at 4:36 am
(43) carla says:

Wow! I had no idea that was WAYNE BRADY until it was announced on Bay Area’s KBLX. Good job!

August 3, 2009 at 5:34 pm
(44) Ed in Redmond WA says:

Hey all; Just saw Wayne at the KWJZ Jazz Festival at Chateau Ste. Michele Sunday Aug 2. Wow! Great voice, stage presence, and man can he connect with an audience. Great back up dancers as part of the show, but his voice was the star. If he’s performing close to you, I say go see the show!!

August 4, 2009 at 2:44 pm
(45) Ylie says:

I have liked Wayne Brady’s voice since “who’s line”,so I am not so suprised at how he sounds on the album. I love it I listen to it every day. GREAT Album.

August 12, 2009 at 6:11 pm
(46) sharon says:

Great song “Ordinary”, not surprised, afterall we’ve heard you sing a “little diddly” every so often on (whose line is it), but you were keeping us in stitches so much of the time, that we could’nt really get the full impact of your vocal style, but WOW! really great job, can’t wait to buy the CD.

August 14, 2009 at 11:44 am
(47) E! in Vermont says:

I LOVE IT! He also sings Beautiful with Jim Brickman on piano. His songs fill my heart. Definate buy.

August 14, 2009 at 7:48 pm
(48) lana says:

I absolutely love this song. The lyrics are beautiful. It’s describes my relationship with my husband of 9 years. Great job Wayne.

August 22, 2009 at 1:17 pm
(49) joy says:

if you have watched Wayne over the years Iam suprized it took so long the man always had talent!

September 24, 2009 at 1:47 pm
(50) Jackie says:

Wayne rocked this cd with Beautiful (As You), Ordinary, Back in the Day, Sweetest Berry, OMG…the entire cd had me in such a love mood. My favorites are Make Heaven Wait and Back in the day, Sweetest Berry, & Beautiful(As You). I say: From….Who’s line is it anyway? To….Who’s song is it anyway? LOVE IT! WAITING FOR CD #2. YES!

November 21, 2009 at 7:24 pm
(51) Laurann says:

I also heard Wayne Brady’s “Ordinary” on a jazz
radio station in Phoenix this past summer and I just
found out recently that he was the artist!
Can’t wait to hear a read jazz version of the song.

December 3, 2009 at 3:43 pm
(52) Teri says:

I liked this song the first time I heard it….just didn’t know it was Wayne Brady, I am very impressed!

February 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm
(53) Fredricka says:

This is one of my favorite songs. I knew Wayne Brady was talented, but this song and the lyrics blow me away. I love it!!!!

December 2, 2010 at 2:45 pm
(54) EbonyDoll says:

THIS IS A LOVLEY SONG. I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT THE VERY FIRST TIME I HEARD IT.

January 11, 2011 at 7:25 pm
(55) Flora Jones says:

WOW!!!!
Wayne Brady is extremely talented and
I love his voice. Wayne can sing to me all day long…and night!

June 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm
(56) Ivery says:

I still love this song; and just needed to hear it today and appreciate it all over again. I also, believe that Wayne Brady is so talented that we’ve only just began to see him shine; sometimes people like Wayne Brady, who are so talented are “type-cast” because the “persona” we are used to seeing is so popular with the masses, that the Studio’s and industry hold them back from showing us the full relm of talent of the individual…I waiting Wayne, for your break-out album..that you just take your time and come with it!!!

August 3, 2011 at 4:45 pm
(57) Nisan says:

This song is sooo good. Here it is 3 years later since it’s release and it still warms my heart everytime I hear it.

September 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm
(58) Randy Cross says:

Wayne Brady does it all…..Comedy, Improv, MC, TV personality, singer…a rare charismatic talent …..He was the best host on Don’t forget the Lyrics….WOW……A great tune…Blew me away when I heard it…

March 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm
(59) arnnette p says:

Thank you. Song ,ordinary. Is so smooth and oh so soulful is the best especially when I. Want to just chill . Trust me really, MY HAT is tipped towards, you as an mellow. Soul. Again , THANK YOU ! Arnnette