1. Entertainment

Music News: Joe Working on 2 New Albums

By June 22, 2008

Joe and EbonneAccording to the homegirl Ebonne Jones (aka Eb the Celeb), R&B singer Joe (aka Joe Thomas) has left Jive Records for Kedar Massenburg's Kedar Entertainment and is getting set to drop two new albums within the next eight months. The first, appropriately titled New Man, will be released on Sept. 23. The second album, an all-ballad release called Signature, is due out next February, just in time for Valentine's Day. In an interview with Ebonne (that's her in the picture), Joe also says that he's dropping two singles next month, one called "ER Emergency Room" on July 15 and "Why Just Be Friends" on July 30. For more info and to listen to an exclusive interview with Joe, visit Ebonne's blog and scroll down for the link.

Photo courtesy Eb the Celeb.

Comments

June 23, 2008 at 8:37 am
(1) Eb says:

Thx for the love!

June 24, 2008 at 12:13 pm
(2) capcity says:

Thanx, Eb for keeping the blog-world abreast of the Music world;-). Do your thang, Li’l Sis!!

June 27, 2008 at 5:49 pm
(3) -Q. says:

Had to rep for the home team.. When you hear Joe and then you hear Eb the Celeb, you know its Big Thangs.. Keep bringin the flava Eb..

Great piece Eb.
-Q.

August 10, 2008 at 10:51 am
(4) CAROLYN says:

JOE I AM SO HAPPY THAT I GET TO HEAR YOU AGAIN I’

August 10, 2008 at 10:59 am
(5) CAROLYN says:

I HAVE BOUGHT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER RECORDED OVER THE YEARS. I’VE BEING STATION @ FT BENNING SINCE 2004 WAITING FOR A JOE EXCLUSIVE CONCERT; TELL ME WHEN THERE WILL BE A TOUR IN ATLANTA OR COLUMBUS MUCH LOVE TO YOU JOE YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE R&B MAN. DA QUEEN

September 26, 2008 at 10:26 pm
(6) Treavce says:

I have been a JOE fan from Day 1!!! I have heard the snippets from “Signature” and I cannot wait! Of course, I purchased the latest CD on I-tunes as soon as it was available. You see, I am a “Die Hard JOE fan”! Keep at it and Be well! The view is much better from the TOP!

November 7, 2008 at 10:50 pm
(7) Pam R says:

My god, how good is he? Definitely, Joe is going down in history as one of the greatest singers to ever pick up a mic!! the boy can blow. His voice is so soothing and has gotten me through some hard times with relationships. Thanks for the music,PLEASE keep it going.

November 16, 2008 at 12:46 pm
(8) Janistasia says:

Hi Joe,
Just watching you on Bet J; congrats on the new album and the new wine venture; I love reds; mostly because they are great as anti-cancer fighters. I will be in New York on the 18th of Nov. Would love to sample some wine; where can I do that?

December 24, 2008 at 7:30 am
(9) Billie says:

Joe Thomas, New Man is terrific! The music is heartfelt and sung with such sweet sincerity. Everytime I hear I am sorry, I just cry! I think if only men could listen to a couple of Joe’s cds and use a pen and a pad to take good notes, the world would be a better place. I love you Joe.

March 24, 2009 at 3:38 am
(10) jay says:

joe is the man, but u killing me with these nibblets of the new album signature, all them joints are hot, but u can’t give a fat boy a taste, he wants the meal!!!! ya dig, keep it up joe and ill always support you.

March 24, 2009 at 3:56 pm
(11) Kendra says:

Loved the snippets…especially “Wanna be your lover”. Waited for months for this to come out in February on Signature…disappointed that it still has not dropped. I hear Signature has been pushed back to July 2009. So, I will just keep listening to the snippet of “Wanna be your lover” on repeat…like I have since the day New Man came out :-)

Hope to hear the full version soon.

May 20, 2009 at 4:51 pm
(12) Lillie B. says:

Thank you so much for doing what you do. I’ve loved everthing that you have ever done. You are the best.

May 23, 2009 at 7:50 pm
(13) tiffany thompson says:

Hi joe from tiffany I love your music you are a great singer can I please have your autograph

May 30, 2009 at 1:55 pm
(14) Kimmie V. says:

Love your music Joe cannot wait for oh so sexxy, Signature to drop especially the turning me on ballats of Magic enjoying you everyday all day baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 26, 2009 at 2:06 pm
(15) CHERYL says:

HEY JOE I DON’T LIKE TO BE TEASED I’M READY FOR THAT NEW ALBUM. I HEARD THE SNIPPETS OFF THE, A NEW MAN ALBUM AND IT’S MAKING ME WANT MORE. I WAS LOOKING FOR IT BECAUSE I HEARD THE WHOLE VERSION OF MAJIC ON R&B SOUL MUSIC CHANNEL AND I GOT ALL EXCITED THINKING I HAD BEEN SLEEPING ON THE NEW RELEASED SIGNATURE ALBUM AND I STILL CAN’T FIND IT ANYWHERE! I’M ANXIOUSLY WAITING HURRY PLEASE!

July 18, 2009 at 9:42 am
(16) KIMBERLY BAKER says:

JUST SAYING HI JOE I LOVE ALL YOUR MUSIC MAKE MORE AN MORE REALLY ENJOY THE CONCERT AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES IN NEW ORLEANS COME SEE US AGAIN LOVE YA KIM

September 14, 2009 at 8:17 pm
(17) Gretta .I says:

i adore you joe since i heard your songs i can’t take off my ipod .oh god where are the best man like you?

December 9, 2009 at 9:58 pm
(18) Renee says:

Renee

I so love Joe! He’s a gift to me.

March 8, 2011 at 4:35 am
(19) Osita Frank says:

Joe, listening to your songs is a thing I love doing. You are always my model. Just keep the fire burning.