Some of the more interesting news and rumors from the past week:
- D'Angelo pleaded guilty in Virginia on Aug. 10 to charges of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license. His punishment? A suspended sentence.
- Speaking of D'Angelo, in this month's issue of Essence magazine, Angie Stone talks about her former relationship with D and how people drove them apart.
- On Aug. 21 Beyonce will release Irreemplazable, an eight-song Spanish language EP featuring songs from her B'Day album.
- Toni Braxton is being sued by a costume designer who alleges that Toni owes him $15,000 for work on a Las Vegas show.
- The singer Tamia, wife of NBA player Grant Hill, gave birth to a healthy, 8 lb., 6 oz. baby girl in Orlando, Fla. on Thursday.
- Haydain Neale, lead singer of the Canadian R&B group jacksoul, was hit by a car and is currently hospitalized.
- Brian McKnight says there's a song on his current album that he can never perform onstage.